Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I have to say I have been slow on the uptake this year, we've all had so much going on and so much to get done. 

Anyway, I did manage to have my advent list sorted in time although I didn't get the calendar up on time so I had to wing it for the first couple of days.  It's all good now.  Our Advent calendar is our old faithful that I made a few years ago.  I put each little card in the slots and then have the presents/chocolates etc wrapped underneath.  They look like this.


I have actually decorated it a bit with tinsel since I took this photo so it doesn't look so plain.  The cards are hidden inside each pocket.

The presents are wrapped in brown paper or are in a brown paper bag and sealed with washi tape and then labelled with the date.


Here is our advent list of surprises for 2012.
  1. A new Smurfs Advent Calendar to put together each day (made by Mega Blocks, so like lego)
  2. Chocolates
  3. A box of McDonald's cookies
  4. A new DVD - The Smurf's Christmas Carol
  5. Chocolates
  6. Writing letters to Santa, a printable with link HERE
  7. Chocolates
  8. A new DVD - Arthur Christmas
  9. Activity books that I picked up in Woolworths
  10. Chocolates
  11. Making a lolly tree
  12. Making chatterboxes, link HERE
  13. A packet of Christmas tattoos
  14. Scratchies
  15. Making a fabric wreath and pom poms and some beaded bracelets
  16. Making reindeer food
  17. A trip to Wet n Wild
  18. Making Christmas crackers
  19. Decorating Christmas cookies (I got this in a pack in Woolworths too)
  20. Going to see a movie
  21. A playdate with friends
  22. A trip away to the city for the weekend
  23. Chocolates
  24. New pj's, a couple of new DVD's and making Santa's plate, going to see Christmas lights etc.
In the past I have added things that happen no matter what like school discos etc but last year I found the kids got bored with having that stuff on their card so I've kept this years stuff different and more of a surprise.

We've also got our book a day leading up to Christmas going, we are loving reading the books each day.



And today we finally got our decorations out and now the house is ready for Christmas.   We've got new lights on the Christmas tree and it looks gorgeous (although we love our tree so much we say that every year).


And every year I buy a few new decorations.  This dingo bauble I got when we went to Fraser Island for our anniversary in September, to remember our time there.


 And of course there are a couple of new owl decorations.


And I have wanted a nativity for years but have had trouble finding one that I like.  When in Myer the other day I came across this one, loved it and so I had to have it.



Now, I really have to get started on my hand made presents or I am going to run out of time really soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!