Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I know it's been a while since I blogged...the story of my life these days, but we have been busy living life and enjoying the festive season.  I have heaps of stuff to show and catch up on but I thought I would start with a little glimpse into our Christmas Eve.

We have a few traditions that for Christmas Eve around here.

First of all there is the sprinkling of the reindeer food, just to be sure that they find their way to our yard. You can see Emma in her Christmas Eve pyjamas that the kids get every year in their advent calendar.  





Then we always go looking at Christmas lights once the sun sets.   A few key favourites each year seems to fill in our evening.


Emma loves the snow machine at one of the houses.





We all had a little say in what Santa's plate looked like.  This year we chose some home made jerky, cherries and a home made gingerbread cookie along with carrots for the reindeer.


Nathan set his tin can lantern (which he made for a scouts badge) on the front step with a candle inside.


And when we all went to bed for the night the lounge room looked like this ready for Christmas morning.



I have some Christmas morning photos to share too, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!