Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Easy, Delicious and Healthy...

I'm really conscious about staying on track with a healthy life style and good clean eating (well mostly anyway).  I am determined to live for a long time and to see my kids have kids and grow into adults.  I know there are things that may hinder this along the way but I really do try to have a good balance.  I still enjoy the things I like but keep my diet clean most of the time along with keeping active.

I thought today I would share my favourite go to snack which I usually have a handful of once a day.  For afternoon tea I have a handful of this yummy trail mix with a green apple.  I make it myself so I can cater to what I like and I just think the shop bought trail mixes are way too expensive for what they are.

Home Made Trail Mix:


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup almonds
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup pepitos
  • 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
Method:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
  2. ENJOY!
  3. Store in a sealed container
You can adjust the recipe to suit yourself I just made it up to suit my taste.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!