Monday, November 16, 2009

Gingerbread Recipe

Every Christmas the kids and I make gingerbread. We have stars, gingerbread men and Christmas trees that we bake together and then decorate, ready for Santa's plate as well as for us to eat on the big day. Today I thought I would share the recipe as it is super easy and delicious.

Ingredients
  • 100g soft margarine
  • 100g Castor sugar
  • 2 tablespoons black treacle (I use golden syrup)
  • 250g self raising flour
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons ground ginger

Method

  • Mix margarine and sugar
  • Add the black treacle and mix
  • Add the self raising flour, ginger and milk and mix well
  • On a floured surface shape the mixture into a ball
  • Roll out to preferred thickness
  • Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
  • Cook in a 180 degree oven for 15 mins on the top shelf
  • Cool on a rack before decorating

I put mine on all the shelves as I usually double the mixture. They still always come out fine.

Have a fabulous Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Yum,thanks Deb I will give these a try
    Cheers
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I'm gonna try this one - it's a lot easier than the recipe I've been using. Thanks Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb! Much easier than the ones I've been looking at!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!