So here are 5 things that I think would be good to do this winter break in my area (north of Brisbane, Qld, Australia).
- We absolutely love a day at the museum, who doesn't? My kids would love to see the school holiday programme for June/July it is all about investigating insects. Nathan is 11 and you would think he would be a bit old for this stuff but he isn't and he really enjoys participating in all the activities. Link HERE.
- On Saturday 6th July (the last weekend of holidays) you can go on a steam train ride around the inner northern suburbs and get lunch included. Steam train rides are always fun. You can book this by calling The Australian Railway Historical Society (I did look up their website but couldn't find this particular trip on there, maybe it is a call only type of thing).
- Nathan loves soccer and I would definitely be letting him attend these two soccer clinics over the holidays if we were home - Brisbane Roar at Caboolture link HERE and West Ham United football clinic link HERE.
- Last year we missed out on attending the Brisbane Winter Festival. We wanted to go along and ice skate in the open air ice skating rink in King George Square and so this year I was looking forward to going along. I have searched the internet and can't find any details about it for this year, it is an annual thing so I am sure it is on. If you find any info let me know and I might still be able to squeeze this one in!
- And lastly it wouldn't be a school holiday without a trip or two to the movies would it? Of course the two movies we would want to see are Despicable ME 2 and Monsters University and I think we will be able to fit these in (well at least one).
So there you have it. Instead of doing all these things we will be HERE which is extremely exciting and somewhere the kids and I have never been so that makes it even better. If you have any good ideas on what to do in Airlie Beach or somewhere/something we should see leave a comment and let me know.