Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last Minute Sewing...

Well we are all ready for Santa to come to our house, well almost (we need to do his Santa plate and spread our reindeer food).  I had some extra time this afternoon, which I know is a miracle in itself, so I thought I would sew a couple of things that I had wanted to do but were not a necessity.


Firstly I embellished a t-shirt for Emma to go along with her Christmas skirt, so her set is now complete and ready to wear. This photo is so dark (the weather is so horrible today, it is a nice white shirt trust me!).





And I have wanted a stocking for our much loved dog Billy but I've had trouble finding one in the shops at a reasonable price so when I read my new book (Fa la la la Felt) I got the idea to make my own.  



I just traced a stocking we already had that was the size I wanted as a pattern and cut out some bones to pretty it up.  I then quickly embroidered his name on it to make it special.  Now Billy has a stocking too, all ready for his Christmas treat.




Merry Christmas everyone, I wish you all a happy and safe festive few days and I hope that Santa is kind to us all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!