Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In love with Paris

You know, we always say we don't love Paris, some parts of it are dirty, the people are rude,  but I think we really do love it, this is our third trip here since we started travelling 11 years ago so there must be something about it that brings us back.  


We do really love the old, amazing buildings and architecture.  Notre Dame is our very favourite place but the Eiffel Tower is just as wonderful and we love many other buildings here too.  And the food here is to die for, the croissants are devine (especially good with chocolate filling) and we do really love the fresh baguettes with ham and salad that you buy off little food carts that are scattered everywhere.






These are of Emma and Nathan on the carousel which was set up somewhere for something.



The Eiffel Tower


This is the back of Notre Dame



And this is the front of Notre Dame and if you look closely that is me and Nathan kneeling at the front


The classic Metro sign


And the Louvre Museum.  This place is amazing, it blows me away how absolutely huge some of these famous paintings are.  I did learn that if you want to see the Mona Lisa and don't want to be in the crowd, go with a pram and you get to walk along the front of everyone where the wheelchairs etc go.  I got a really close look at her.  I actually got told off after this photo because you are not allowed to photograph anything in the Louvre but at least I got one shot in.


I did walk around the Louvre trying to place all the stuff out of The Devinci Code. 



One day in Paris we walked and walked for what seemed like hours trying to get to the Eiffel Tower.  I wonder if that was because Emma was reading the map?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!