Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ready for a picnic...

I have been saving my vintage chenille, I have op shopped for vintage sheets, all to make this picnic/beach blanket that has been on my mind for ages.  Finally I had the fabrics that I wanted so it was time to sew it up... and it now looks like this...



I used 2 vintage sheet designs, a plain blue and plain yellow poplin cotton and then chenille in yellow for the backing.  I absolutely love the colours together.







Now all I need is some nice warm weather so I can use it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh it is absolutely gorgeous! Looove the colours - so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beachy! Make sure you get some shots of it against the sand. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!