It's been cold at our house, the wind has been blowing and we have been in our closed up house with the heater on of an afternoon.
We've been eating lots of homemade pumpkin soup for lunches and afternoon tea. Yummy!
Here is how I make mine..
- Soften an onion and 200g diced bacon in a large pot with some olive oil.
- Add 1/2 pumpkin, 2 medium potatoes and 1 medium sweet potato and just cover with water.
- Simmer until all ingredients are soft
- Blend in the food processor to make smooth
- Add cream (or if you are watching your figure, low fat milk works just as well), salt and cracked pepper and simmer for a little bit.
- Serve with yummy fresh bread.
Very easy, super yummy and really filling!