Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Postcrossing


This week we were quite excited when our first 2 postcards arrived from Postcrossing.  We got one from Lithuania



I like this one with a quote and little birds on it... The quote says "With the columns of yours, you reined the revolution of my soul' (I think).  Anyway I think it's quite lovely.

And the second one we got was from Germany...



This one was really cool to get, it is actually an ad card from Germany when they were introducing the Euro.  It is of a vintage money box.  The star is actually cut out of the card, don't really know why.  I found this one really interesting to get and it's my favourite so far.

We have 5 postcards right now on their way to people all over the world, to Canada, Japan, Germany , Netherlands and Belarus.

I have to say that this is a really great site to join, it is not expensive to send a postcard to someone and show them where we live in the world (or whatever you please really).  The kids are loving choosing postcards for people and getting some back.   I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in other places.  The site is www.postcrossing.com.

It is also fun being on the lookout for interesting cards that might be good to send, if you know of a place to get some send me a message and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!