Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My winter blanket...

I said a few days ago that I had been inspired by Paula on her blog (link here) to make a blanket like hers because it was so gorgeous.  So I got a start on it today. I had a good idea what fabrics I wanted to use so off I went.  I chose blue and red fabrics for the front (material from my stash) and I bought a white chenille bedspread on Ebay especially for a blanket so decided to use it for this one.  I went to spotlight and bought some white flanelette for my inside fabric (I used 1 1/2 metres).  I have followed Paula's tutorial so far and I am up to putting it together to see what order the fabrics should sit in.  Thought I would share my progress and thanks Paula for being so inspiring and giving me the urge to create this (we are yet to see if mine turns out though!).



These are my piles of fabric, all cut and ready to be put together



A close up of the material I chose for the front.



All pinned together ready for sewing



Here I have sewn the x on and now I just need to put them together (I am quite nervous about this bit).

Hopefully in a day or two I will be able to show you my blanket. 

Thanks for your ideas for baby stuff.


1 comment:

  1. Your fabric is beautiful! So cheery. Can't wait to see how it turns out - make sure there are plenty of photos.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!