Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mini Christmas Album






I was inspired this year by Ali Edwards with her December Daily album and Gail Lindner by her Amelia's First Christmas album to make a mini album of my own about our family traditions at Christmas. So you can see that I grabbed a mini binder album (Maya Road) out of the cupboard and started. I have used the My Minds Eye Christmas paper for the whole album along with matching Bazzil. On the cover I painted the spine because it was too hard to cover and I used a felt star which I sewed around and used buttons to embellish. I have a B on the star for Barro and Thickers for the words and I used the Slice to cut the brackets. On the spine I used ribbon to embellish and some small bells. I used the keyring the kids got when we visited Santa too.







I used a tag as a mini title page to start and I have put the album into chronological order. I used the slice a lot in this album you can see that I used it to make a 4 inch scalloped edge circle here for my journalling (below). I used a Christmas tree punch from Blossies alot to decorate my album because I was too late for the paper with the trees that I could have cut to use. The punch still worked nicely.







I devoted a few pages to decorating the tree because I had a few nice photos, I have dedicated a different number of pages to each festive activity.






I will share a few more pages each day this week. I don't think it is wonderful work by me but it is a memento and that is what matters.

On a different note, I made dinner tonight with our very own silverbeet and basil. It was delicious!

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!