Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Time with Friends...

A group of us were lucky enough to stay at Suzy's for the weekend just gone for some catch-up and craft.  I always love going away with my friends... Saturday morning we went to Eumundi Markets.  It was quite and lovely...




 This is what I had for breakfast, delicious! (potato slinky)


And this is what I bought, a cute little wooden owl brooch.


When we had our meals, snacks and drinks we sat on Suzy's deck and had this view.



We had relaxing times.. 


But we did do some sewing and scrap booking too.


Here are the projects I got done.  I had two softies to make for my Christmas boxes (will do a post about that another day).  A girl softie which was an owl.


And for my boy softie I made a dog.


Emma has a birthday next week so I made her some special little presents for Monday...first a Princess and The Pea set.  It goes with the book the I ordered from the Book Depository.  I got the idea for this from a blog that I read called Sewing in No Mans Land and then a week or so later I also saw it on Melissa Goodsell's blog.  It really is so sweet, I am so happy with how it turned out and I am sure Emma will love it!



And, I also made her this fabulous tutu.  I saw a girl at work had one of these and when I realised how easy it had been made I decided to get one done for Emma.  I know that she is going to really love this, she dances around the house doing ballet on a daily basis.


I'll share a picture of her in it after her birthday.

Suzy and her family were amazing hosts, thanks Suzy, Gavin and boys for having me, I had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy that you had a lovely time- it was a great weekend!!!

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!