Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Hazel & Welcome to OZ!

Just thought I would take this opportunity to wish Hazel a very Happy Birthday and a warm welcome to our wonderful country. I hope you love living here as much as we do (even though you do have to put up with Dad!).

Can you believe, we went to preschool today, tin of chocolates in hand only to find that Jenny was away! So we don't know if she liked the decorated tin or not but we left it for her in the kitchen.

The other night I was in a sewing frenzy, I not only made my second tote but also a stack of wet bags. They really are so quick and easy to make. I used the shower curtain I bought in Spotlight this time and that made them soooooo much easier to make. I am never going to use that thick plastic again (so Toni I have stacks for your ds games holders). I made little ones that are 5 inches by 5 inches which are just the right size for a spare pair of toddler undies.

Then I made these two which are 12 inches by 14 inches. They are a really good size for beach trips, swimming lessons etc.

I liked the look of the square bags better so then I made this last one which I made 12 inches by 12 inches. I like this one the best. It is the perfect size. I have so many wet bags now that I really should put some towards the stall but I don't think I can part with any of them!

This is what the inside looks like using the shower curtain, still a nice clean finish.



The wet bag tutorial I used for these can be found
here.
I may be a slack blogger over the next week as I complete report cards, have parent teacher interviews over the next 2 weeks and my photography course this weekend.
Have a wonderful birthday Kellie for tomorrow! I hope you get lots of fabulous goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!