Saturday, January 31, 2009

Australia Day & Soccer



Happy Australia Day everyone, a little late I know but have been so busy with work this week I had no time to upload my photos. We celebrated Australia Day this year with a trip up the beach. We have the Land Cruiser all ready for beach driving now so off we went with Pete, Tracey, Shane, Tammy and all kids in tow.

We had a really great day, we swam in the water holes (too many blue bottles in the ocean) and set up camp having a BBQ for lunch of lamb chops and sausages etc. Lamingtons and Anzac biscuits for dessert of course!

I have to say that it was great to spend time with good people and celebrate being Australian. It is patriotic (in our own way) and it makes you feel good to be proud of who you are and where you live. I think it is really important to teach our children to celebrate and respect those things.






You wouldn't believe that Alyssa is actually only 6 months older than Emma would you?



And soccer... I have been putting off the sporting thing with Nathan for a while now but I think it is time that he does it. So today we went down and joined soccer. He has always liked soccer and wanted to play so it was the obvious choice. We came home with the most gorgeous little soccer boots, shin guards, team shorts and gigantic socks! I will post some photos when he starts. I am actually dreading it already, my Saturday mornings in winter, freezing my bum off and the soccer fields... the things we do for our children!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone, will be better with my blogging from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!