Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Quick and Easy Valentine Gift...

Every year I give my kids something little as a Valentine's Day present.  Just for the novelty of it and to say I Love You.  

This year I decided on some little chocolates.  I bought them in Big W for $1.50 a pack (I think they were that much).  They are little ladybugs and they are called lovebugs.


I wanted to make them a bit more presentable so I searched Pinterest and found this free printable so I printed a couple off and I was ready to go.


I didn't want to spend any more money so I decided that rather than buying a gift bag I would just make one.  To make these simple ones all I did was cut some greaseproof paper into 2 rectangles and sew up 3 sides on the machine using a zig zag stitch to hold it all together.

Then I put the folded printable over the top and stapled on each side before I double sided taped a chocolate on the top (of course I filled the bag with the bugs before I put the printed topper on).

  

It took me about 10 minutes to make these and they cost $3 in chocolates.  A simple little thing that will make my kids very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!