Thursday, January 10, 2013

20 Ordinary Things to do in 2013...

So I've been reading Fat Mum Slim's blog and saw that yesterday she blogged about 20 things, just everyday things that she wanted to do this year, nothing unreachable or hard to do just normal stuff.  This got me inspired and I decided to make my own list.  I didn't add anything that I have planned already just stuff I would like to do at some point.  I actually found it hard to think of 20 things but managed after coming back to my list a few times during the day.

You can read Fat Mum Slim's list here.

Here is my list in no particular order:

  1. Sew a doll for a worthy cause like this one.  It doesn't take much time or effort to sew a simple doll and it could make one little persons time in hospital that little bit more pleasant.
  2. Plan a holiday.  Now this is a super easy one for me because I am always planning a holiday!
  3. Create a scrapbook mini album.  Not something I do very much of at all these days but I am in the middle of making my December Daily album from 2012 and I am really liking it so I think another one would be nice.
  4. Sew a new pattern.  I can sometimes be a bit of a chicken when trying to sew something new but I am determined to have a go at something different this year, I'm even thinking of quilting something!
  5. Try a new recipe.  I'm thinking a sweet and a savoury.
  6. Walk up a mountain.  I have a few ideas for this one so will see how I go.
  7. Clean out the garage cupboards.  Yes, because they have waaayyy too much stuff that we don't need!
  8. Take a family photo.  There is always someone missing in our photos.
  9. Send my kids teachers at least 1 teacher appreciation gift each term to show them that I really do appreciate all the hard work they do.
  10. Read a new book.  This is a big one for me, it could take me all year!
  11. Watch at least 6 new movies.  I'm not really a movie person I find it hard to sit still and concentrate on one thing for that long.
  12. Hang the new pictures that are sitting in my lounge waiting.
  13. Frame the pictures of the kids from our last cruise and hang them.
  14. Donate something to charity.  This might be money, clothes, the shoe box we make each year etc.
  15. Live in the moment.  I have a habit of thinking about what's next all the time and I always have to tell myself to stop and just soak up what is happening in the now.
  16. Say thank you to people who are important or who help me all the time...people you never say it to.  I'm thinking maybe little cards with a chocolate or something.
  17. Read to Emma more at bedtime.  Emma is hard work when it comes to going to bed and it is often way past when she should be going to bed that we get her there.  She always asks me to read and I often say no because it is too late.  I should take 10 minutes and read to her,
  18. Kick or hit the ball with Nathan.  He loves this, it's one of his favourite things so I should do it more.
  19. Go walking more.  I walk often but I need to be more consistent.
  20. Encourage Nathan to cook. Nathan really loves to cook, he has cook books etc that are just his but I don't let him do it often because he is soooo messy.  I need to just take a breath and let him cook.
There you go, my 20 ordinary things to do in 2013.  I can do them and having them here helps me remember... I'll let you know how I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!