Monday, April 23, 2012

Mondays Menu...

Today I thought I would share my latest menu with you.  I have blogged before about how I write myself a menu (with 15 meals to cover 3 weeks) before I do my groceries and I then shop to the menu.  This works for me, it saves me lots of money as I am not throwing away food I did not need or use and it makes life easier not having to think of meals on the run.  I only shop every 3 weeks so I write out 15 meals and find that works because we have days where we eat left overs or a toasted sandwich or we may go out or have take away.


We have a really busy week in our house, we are out four weeknights each week at sport, dancing etc so I  make my menu with meals that are quick and easy to prepare but are mostly pretty healthy.  This is what is on our menu right now.  



  • Vegetable pasta (made with a tomato based sauce)
  • Sausages with vegetables
  • Steak and salad
  • Roast chicken
  • Roast beef wraps (made with a marinated roast beef in the slow cooker)
  • Roast Beef  (also made with a marinated roast beef in the slow cooker) with vegetables or salad
  • Tray baked chicken with tomatoes and bacon (Jamie Oliver recipe)
  • Thai red prawn curry (Jamie Oliver recipe)
  • Satay chicken with rice (Jamie Oliver recipe)
  • Pasta bake
  • Sweet 'n' Sour pork with rice
  • Lamb chops with vegetables or salad
  • Roast beef and salad
  • Steak and salad
  • Quiche and salad
We also added and extra this menu - Leek and bacon pasta. We also use a few Jamie Oliver meals from his 30 Minute Meals book which are super easy to make.

9780718154776.jpg

If you have any favourite meals for your family I would love to hear them, I am always up for new ideas and variety.  I find it really hard to vary our menu each time with new and different meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!