And for activities that need something to work with I just simply put them in brown paper bags with a tag for the date they are needed. The kids really love it when I do this, it's like a little stack of extra presents.
Here is out advent list for this year:
- Popping candy
- New DVD (Christmas in Cartoon land)
- Dinner out with family, Nathan at scouts excursion, Emma at dancing)
- Writing Christmas cards to friends
- Chocolate Santa
- Writing our letters to Santa
- New DVD (Mr Bean's Christmas)
- Scratchie to scratch
- Make a calendar for relatives
- Break up parties today - Nathan, scouts, Emma, dancing
- New DVD and popcorn for watching
- Making Christmas door hangers
- Trip to the movies
- Making a lolly tree
- Watching an old favourite DVD - Phineas and Ferb
- Making Christmas crackers
- Popping Candy
- Making little felt stockings
- Making reindeer food
- Christmas cooking - reindeer biscuits, gingerbread men, rum balls etc.
- Christmas play date with friends
- Do Santa's plate, spread reindeer food, go looking at Christmas lights. Open new pyjamas. Check where Santa is on the web.
We also started the new tradition this year of having 24 Christmas books wrapped up with one to open and read each day leading up to Christmas.
These are a couple of the new Christmas books we go this year.
We were also super lucky this year and got a Lego Advent Calendar. The kids are just loving opening it each day an putting the pieces together to make Lego City. A really good advent idea.
As you can see we really love counting down to the big day in this house!