Saturday, September 17, 2011

Last week...

I know I am a bit behind because today I am going to blog about what we did last Sunday... better late than never I suppose.  Anyway last Sunday Nathan, Emma and I went to Bribie Island for the day with Nathan's cub scout group.  We spent a few hours at the Bribie Island Seaside Museum and then had time at the beach and park and had a sausage sizzle.  


I have to say that I was not over excited about heading to the Seaside Museum but when I got there I had a really good time.  I found it so interesting to hear all about how people used to get to Bribie on the Ferry and go there for their holidays etc.  It is definitely worth a visit.


Some photos from the museum.





Then we walked along the waterfront to the park.  I was in a photo taking mood and it was such gorgeous weather.





And while we waited for the sausages to cook we headed down to the beach.  Emma had fun just playing around on the sand and in the water.





While Nathan and a friend made rafts to float out to sea.



Sometimes the events we are not really looking forward to turn out to be the best ones!


1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Emma leaping across the sand - must learn to shoot off automatic on my DSLR! Tanya

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!