Monday, August 8, 2011

The Journey Begins...

OK, so I've thought about how to share our adventures on my blog and I think the best way will be to split it into weeks or special events/places.  There are going to be a lot of posts about our trip, it has been a major event in our lives and it is important to us so I want to be able to document and share it here.  If you get bored I apologise in advance but hopefully you will enjoy seeing all the amazing things we got to see and do while away.


Today I am starting with our stopover in Singapore on the way to London.  We only stopped for 1 night on the way over.  


This is just a view of Singapore city as you drive over the river into it.  I took it on the bus, we didn't explore any of this until our way home.

When drove past this substation I saw these paper cranes (I think that is what they are) hanging up out the front of the entrance.



After a shower etc we headed out to the street market.  It was very interesting to see all the local foods. 







When we saw the fresh fruit juice stand we thought we would have a try.  There was every type of juice here you can imagine (and some you can't). 



Nathan had Dragon Fruit Juice



Emma had Strawberry


These were prawn crackers on the hot food stall.  They are like a potato scallop with prawns on top, all crunchy and deep fried.  I didn't try one, I just can't bring myself to eat whole prawns, crunchy or not.  I did have the vegetable one from the same place which was  yummy.



And I did have a giggle when I saw these on a stall and had to take a picture.  For those of you who think they need a bigger bottom, head over and get some of these.  



We didn't have much time on our one night stopover so the markets was all we saw. 


The next morning we boarded our plane for London. 
I'll be back with our first week in London tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!