Sunday, April 10, 2011

A bit of everything

We had a busy week... Tuesday saw Nathan run his first cross country at school.  At their school they run the fun run until year 4.  He came second (even with his broken hand).  He was happy with that and we were really proud of him.




I also wanted to share my new Margaret's Child fabric labels that I finally had delivered.  Now I can sew them onto my products so everyone knows they are mine.  It has been really exciting being able to sew these on my stuff.




And, I finally felt like sewing again this week so I made two treasure pockets for the kids for our upcoming holiday.  They are a good size and zipper close to keep all nic naks in place.



With left over fabric I made some coin purses and the kids quickly claimed one each to go with their treasure pocket and journal.  They can keep their money in here.


I have had the hardware to make these key fobs for ages so I thought I would have a go.  They were so quick and easy to make.  I got these done in an hour.  I am going to make a stack of these and donate them to the kids school for their Mother's Day stall this year.


Lastly, I just had to share my April picture from my owl calendar that Toni made me.  Aren't they gorgeous?  Love the eyelashes!



I have a few more sewing projects that I would like to get done this week and I will photograph my new owl on the wall to share too.  


I did manage to sew with knit for the first time ever this week, I made Emma some pyjama pants and they turned out really well.  Another new thing learned.  I am also planning a nice new knitted scarf for winter using lovely new wool that I got found the other week (actually I bought it and then completely forgot I had it).


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!