Monday, December 6, 2010

What I've been up to...

With my Christmas shopping almost complete I need to get started on the huge list of sewing gifts I have assigned to myself.  So that is what I have been doing.  I have finished all my parent helper (from work) presents and I have made some fabric covered notebooks (for gifts and for my next market).


Have you ever wondered how you could make pencils or pens look good with a gift.  I found this idea somewhere so I used it!  You get your pencils and wrap some embroidery floss around them and tie it through a button.  I think it just makes them look that little bit special.  Then I added them to a fabric covered notebook.

This one for Nathan's teacher (along with some Gloria Jeans coffee vouchers).


And this one for Emma's prep teacher-aide.

Lastly, here are mine and Toni's thank you gifts for the parents who help us out in our classroom.  I made each parent a lavender bird...
 And Toni made each one a key fob.  We added a small box of delicious chocolates and got this little parcel.  We are hoping they like it.

I'll be back to share more later, I am busy sewing and paper crafting and luckily crossing some things off my long, long list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!