Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some finished products

I know it has taken me a few days...better late than never.  So here is my halter that I made using the same pattern that I used for Emma's dress.


It is a bit too big for me so I am going to make one in the next size down and I am going to make one a bit longer so it is a dress like I did for Emma's,  it will make a really nice beach dress.  With this one I am going to take the sides in to try to make it fit better but I haven't gotten to that yet.

AND, I also made this week this cute beach cover up for Emma.  It is for when you get out of the pool to put on as you go home/back to the house/ unit wherever you are going.  It was my first time using bias binding and snaps so I was very proud of myself, it fits her perfectly (although I did have to add some extra snaps to tighten it up a bit) and looks gorgeous.  Next time I would probably move the straps in further (and I added some length to it as the pattern is for a toddler).  Check out the tutorial for it here.






I have so many projects I want to sew that I just don't know what to do next.  I think it will be another halter and the halter beach dress, both for me!

1 comment:

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!