- 100g soft margarine
- 100g Castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons black treacle (I use golden syrup)
- 250g self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- Mix margarine and sugar
- Add the black treacle and mix
- Add the self raising flour, ginger and milk and mix well
- On a floured surface shape the mixture into a ball
- Roll out to preferred thickness
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Cook in a 180 degree oven for 15 mins on the top shelf
- Cool on a rack before decorating
I put mine on all the shelves as I usually double the mixture. They still always come out fine.
Have a fabulous Tuesday!