Monday, February 11, 2013

December Daily & a bit...

So, my story is that I used to scrapbook but over the last couple of years I have not.  My creative juices flowed in a different direction - sewing and I enjoyed that more so I have concentrated on that for quite a while BUT when I saw all the December Daily albums popping up I thought I would have a go at making one for 2012.  I did have to purchase all my supplies for this (except for a few flowers, brads etc.) so it was a costly mini album for me to put together but it has been fun.  

I'm actually not finished yet and that doesn't bother me, I made notes through December so I know what I am scrapping and I am enjoying the process of doing a few pages at a time when I feel like it.  I thought I would share my first 5 pages with you today.

 My front cover
  

My first page

Day 1: Anthony and I spent the day together in the city and then went to my work Christmas party.


Day 2: The kids had birthday parties and cubs to attend and we saw Nonna.


 Day 3: Advent calendar and books.


Day 4: Our tree, this one is a double spread.



Day 5: New Christmas decorations.


I love my album it is simple and tells our story.  I used a Simple Stories Snap Binder for my album cover and their plastic inserts for every 2nd page.  The paper I used is called Merry and Bright by Carta Bella.  I ordered all my supplies online at Anna's Craft Cupboard. My inspiration for my album came from Gail Lindner (check out her blog here) and I created my front cover to be just like hers and my page order too.

Other stuff that's been going on:

Our super super wet weekend just before school started.  Emma had a blast playing in the puddles in the backyard.



 
My kids were lucky (and so was I) because they got to start school on the nominated day while some places were still closed due to flooding and power outages.




And our furry family member, Billy, had an operation to remove his blocked salivary glands.  He is all fixed up now so we will keep our fingers crossed that he stays that way!



Heaps more has been going on as well but I didn't want to bombard you with it all at once.  I am also working on my 20 ordinary things to do this year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!