Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas in Brisbane...

I saw a good deal online for a summer special at a hotel in Brisbane for the summer school holidays so as a surprise for the kids I booked it.  We headed into Brisbane on Saturday morning and stayed here:


We spent our Saturday having lunch out, looking in the shops and of course we had to visit the Myer Santa.  This was important as I am pretty sure I may not get another one of these photos with Nathan getting so big now.



Emma rode on the Santa Express train that goes around although I think it may be her last ride, can you see how squashy she is in that seat?



We walked over the bridge to Southbank in the afternoon and had a ride on the Wheel of Brisbane.




And then the kids swam at the South bank beach and we saw this awesome sand castle.



For dinner we had turkish which I booked because I knew Nathan would love it.  The food was so good and we were so full at the end of it.


To get back to the city side of the river we jumped in a couple of these.




We said goodbye to South bank and hello to King George Square and the big Christmas tree.





We also made sure we had a visit to the Myer windows and I have to say that this year was by far my favourite out of all the ones I have seen.





We even saw real reindeers!



The next day we walked down to Eagle Street Pier for a look at the markets.




And due to our late check out the kids even had time for a swim before we came home.  


We had a really great weekend in the city, we will definitely be doing it again and at Christmas time it is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!