Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Christmas giving begins...

Last week was the final day for dropping off Operation Christmas Child boxes so I headed off on Tuesday with our boxes all wrapped and ready to send.


We created two boxes this year, one for a boy the same age as Nathan, 9. And one for a girl the same age as Emma, 6.




The boxes came together much more quickly than last year, now that I know what I am doing I suppose.  


There are categories you need to follow for each box.  Here is the list of what we included for our boys box.


Something to love - a handmade dog softie
Something to play with - marbles, balloons, yo yo
Something for school - coloured and lead pencils
Something for hygiene - toothbrush, soap, washer
Something to wear - thongs


We also put a handmade library bag in there too.



And in our girls box we put

Something to love - a handmade bunny softie and a book
Something to play with - skipping rope, balloons
Something for school - coloured and lead pencils
Something for hygiene - toothbrush, soap, washer, handmade hairband and hair clips
Something to wear - thongs

We also put in a handmade library bag (or bag for anything really)




We also put a hand written note and picture from the kids in the box and photo of them as well.

The trickiest thing about creating these boxes in finding things that are lovely that all will fit in the shoebox, you are not given a huge box so it can be a challenge.


The thing I like most is that these boxes will make a little person smile and happy this Christmas and that I can use my hobby of sewing to send something unique and special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!