Monday, January 11, 2010

Back after a great trip

We are back from our first family camping trip and we had a great time.  The kids were in heaven being able to get as dirty as they liked and being able to go off and have fun all day and into the night.  The caravan was excellent, everything worked a treat and it was really comfortable for sleeping (whether you were in the caravan or annex).  We had a mix of weather which was OK but one day we did get a bit of a storm and were nearly flooded out!  This is what our camp looked like with our caravan on the left and Toni's on the right.







This is the gorgeous creek that the kids got to swim and play in, it was lovely.  I did venture to put my feet in once but it was freezing so I didn't do that again!






They had a really great time with these small nets that Toni brought along.  They caught tadpoles in the creek and chased butterflies by the campsite.





Toni also brought along a little blow up boat so a great time was had by all in that too.







It just wouldn't be a holiday without some fabulous poses by Emma!




Me and Emma by the creek.



We had damper cooked on the campfire with golden syrup and marshmallows too.






Everyone helped get the fire going...



The kids spent most of their time on the BMX track that was there and usually came back to camp looking like this...



Well, Emma did anyway, and not just this once, a few times a day!




We also had this little guy visit us, and did not leave for a while either.  I really hate the thought of snakes around.

I know this is a long post.  We have now been home since yesterday lunchtime.  The caravan has been cleaned and repacked ready for next time.  All the washing is done and we are back to normal again.  I was pleasantly surprise that it didn't take me very long to have everything sorted when we got home. 

Now, I will organise my house a little bit in preparation for my wonderful friend Tracey and her family's visit for the rest of the week. 

I did do a little bit of crafting on the trip and I knitted a little friend and started on another (that was when the storm hit!).  So I will share them tomorrow.

Thanks Toni and kids for a great camping trip and we are looking forward to the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Already pencilling some in the diary! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time. Lucky you had the caravan. While at my brother's farm our tent was flooded. But we still had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my blog, even just a hi to let me know someone is reading it!